Beaverton Car Crash Lawyers
Car accidents occur every day and result in life-changing impacts. According to the Oregon Department of Transportation, there were 38,141 car crash accidents across the state in 2020 that took 507 lives and injured 27,998 others. Beaverton suffered its share of car accidents in the same year, with 1,103 total car crashes that claimed three lives and injured 851 more.
Despite all the modern safety features that are standard equipment on new vehicles, and all the safe driving initiatives and resources in Oregon, car crashes are still a top source of injuries and fatalities. Regardless of whether you are a driver, passenger in a private vehicle, user of public transportation, cyclist or pedestrian, when you are involved in a car accident in Oregon, you need an experienced Beaverton Car Crash Lawyer by your side.
Get Help with Car Accident Injuries in Beaverton, OR
The Kang Law Group provides seasoned assistance with many types of car accident claims in Beaverton, Oregon, and the surrounding communities. When you or a loved one are involved in a car crash, the potential for suffering serious injuries is huge. Many factors impact how you may be injured, including the type of car crash, the amount of force exerted against your body, the speed of impact and more. High speed impacts or collisions with larger vehicles also have a higher risk of more serious injuries. Typical injuries and damages suffered in Beaverton car accidents include:
- Back injuries
- Neck injuries
- Traumatic brain injuries (TBI)
- Broken bones
- Soft tissue injuries
- Internal injuries
- Crush injuries
- Spinal cord injuries
- Severed limbs
In addition to physical trauma, you may suffer other losses in a car crash. These can include your vehicle and other personal property, your ability to work and earn a living, relationship impacts, mental and emotional stress and more. If the accident was caused by negligence, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries and losses.
The Beaverton Car Crash Lawyers at The Kang Law Group care about your suffering and how it will impact your life. We are equipped and prepared to vigorously pursue the maximum compensation award possible to help offset your physical and emotional losses. Contact us today at (503) 646-3131 to arrange a free initial consultation about your Beaverton car accident.
What Should I Do After a Car Crash in Beaverton?
When a car crash happens, events move quickly and the aftermath can be confusing and even overwhelming. Beaverton Car Crash Lawyers from The Kang Law Group are accustomed to dealing with car crash victims and their families, and we can provide clear guidance and protect your rights after a car accident. Here are the important steps we recommend after a car crash:
- Assess Your Condition – Check yourself and other passengers in your vehicle to assess any injuries. It is common, immediately following a car crash, to be filled with adrenaline, which can act to numb the injuries you may have sustained. Stay where you are and remain calm until help arrives. Try to stop any noticeable bleeding by using pressure.
- Seek Medical Care – Taking care of your injuries is your number one priority. You may require immediate treatment and this should be handled as soon as possible.
- Gather Evidence – If your condition allows, you should gather as much evidence at the scene of the accident as possible. Take photos with your mobile phone, obtain car descriptions and tag numbers (snapping a photo is quick and easy) and speak with any eyewitnesses. If possible, obtain the other involved drivers’ contact and insurance information, including their name, driver’s license number, date of birth, address, insurer and policy number.
- File a Report with Law Enforcement – The police will typically arrive on scene quickly and begin crafting an accident report. Share your name, contact and insurance information, and provide a full description of what happened. If there are conflicting versions of events, making sure both are recorded in the police report is beneficial to you.
- File a Report with the Oregon DMV – Oregon law requires you to report any accident to the DMV where there are injuries sustained, or property damage in excess of $1,500.00. Sometimes the investigating law enforcement officer will do this, but you should make sure a report gets filed. The Kang Law Group can assist with this report if one has not already been submitted when you retain us for representation.
- Report the Crash to Your Insurance Company – Most insurers now have a means to do this online, but you can also report the accident by phone. You must do this even if you were not at fault.
- Contact a Beaverton Car Crash Lawyer Quickly – The sooner you contact The Kang Law Group, the sooner we can begin investigating your case and handling the other details, like speaking with law enforcement and insurance companies on your behalf.
Avoid These Mistakes After a Beaverton Car Crash
Law enforcement officials and insurance company representatives all have their job to do, and those do not necessarily include doing what is best for you. Even if you were not at fault for the accident, you should take precautions to protect your rights and privacy after a car crash in Beaverton. We recommend you follow these recommendations:
- Do not accept any blame for the accident, verbally or otherwise
- Do not describe the accident to anyone before speaking with an attorney
- Do not minimize the severity of the accident or your injuries
- Do not agree to making any recorded statements
- Do not negotiate with insurance representatives without a Beaverton Car Crash Lawyer present
- Do not sign any documents without counsel from your attorney, including medical record releases
Insurance representatives are known to offer quick, low settlements to save their company money on claims. Do not agree to any settlement offers without consulting an attorney. An experienced Beaverton Car Crash Lawyer from The Kang Law Group can calculate your current and projected needs from the accident and fight for a much more adequate amount of compensation. This can cover future medical expenses and treatments, loss of future wages if you cannot work and more.
Meet with Our Beaverton Car Crash Lawyers Today
When you or a loved one are involved in a Beaverton car accident that is caused by the negligence of another person or entity, you have the right to pursue compensation for your injuries and other losses. Arrange a free confidential consultation with a Beaverton Car Crash Lawyer from The Kang Law Group today so we can begin reviewing your case and its details. Contact our office at (503) 646-3131 or message us online to schedule a free case review.